Want to work with us?

Ayo And Teo Use Their Dance Skills To Help Dosomething.Org!

You know we always love a good give backstory and brothers Ayo and Teo are giving us just that!

Ayo and Teo want their fans to “give a spit” in order to save lives. The youtube stars known for their viral dance moves who now have over 1.4 million subscribers on their Youtube channel are teaming up with Dosomething.org and Johnson + Johnson to launch the Swab Campaign.

The campaign promotes the bone marrow registry and the Give A Spit About Cancer campaign. In the brother’s Swab Challenge PSA, Ayo and Teo teach their fans a dance they created in which they twirl cotton swabs to the left in a spiral motion. Why you might ask?! Their moves simulate the action of someone swabbing their check which is a needed step towards joining the bone marrow registry. The samples can be used to find matches for those in need of a bone marrow transplant.

The campaign is specifically targeted at African American viewers because due to the statistics shared in the PSA, Caucasian Americans in need of bone marrow transplants have a 77% chance of finding a match, while for African Americans the number drops to 23%.

The brothers said in a statement, “We’re excited to join forces with DoSomething.org and Johnson & Johnson for the #SwabChallenge, to get more young people aware of their power to defeat cancer.” We can’t think of a better way to get people involved and talking about how they can help people in need of a bone marrow transplant.

Join the movement and for more info on how you can get involved click here

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.