Chris Ingham has responded to accusations in a 22 minute long YouTube video called “The Reason For My Silence.”
The father of three has denied the accusations against him since they were brought to light. Although he is still claiming his innocence in the video, he gives us all the information we’ve been waiting to hear.
“I’m going to be talking to you right now about a few of the things that have been going on behind the scenes with me and and my family over the past couple of months. And more importantly the reason for my silence throughout the whole of the last two months with regards to this specific topic.”
That specific topic he’s referring to is of course being accused of trying to engage in sex with under age girls. Back in July, a Twitter user by the name of Jess posted details and messages from an alleged encounter with Chris. The young girl says Chris propositioned her for sex while on a family trip at a Disney World resort.
I’m so scared to tweet this but it’s time and it needs to be seen.
My experience with Chris ingham (from the ingham family) pic.twitter.com/CalInL8vCC
— Jess (@dodieftbecky) July 2, 2018
Things only got worse once for the Ingham’s from there as other alleged victims began to speak out.
This is from the girl who slept with him pic.twitter.com/HEtzz6KHMx
— Jess (@dodieftbecky) July 3, 2018
Chris denied the accusations in a since deleted Twitter post but the story had already gone viral. Popular YouTubers called him out for his weak apology message. They felt that Chris should further address the situation instead of laying low.
— Alfie Deyes (@PointlessBlog) August 9, 2018
Well, now Chris reveals there was a legitimate reason for his silence. He states that his silence had nothing to do with being guilty or ashamed. He says his legal team advised him to keep quiet. He was only allowed to put up one statement on social media and he was forbidden from addressing the accusations in blogs, responding to his accusers or even the hate messages he received from ex-fans and other influencers.
“Let me make this very clear. Have I ever done anything anything that could be classed as sexually grooming somebody? No! Hell no! Am I a pedophile? No! Am I a sexual predator? No, no! Have I ever done anything that could be classed as sexually inappropriate to anybody? No, and now enough is enough!”
Chris goes on to speak about the trouble his family has gone through as a result of the accusations. He said he is “disturbed” by the “complete and utter lack of regard” for his children because the “keyboard warriors” have caused his girls to suffer in ways that we could never imagine. Sarah and Chris are in fear for their children’s return to school this semester and for their own lives. While the video mostly explains his silence and the inconveniences the accusations has caused the family he doesn’t directly address the direct messages and screenshots from his accusers.
Take a look at the full video above and let us know what you think.